Coaching Skills for Managers
- Duration: Two days
- Venue: In-house only for up to 12 partcipants
- Price: Call Harriet on 01403 864880
The ability to effectively coach individuals and your team is now a key management skill. Changing business environments require managers to use a variety of coaching skills and approaches to work effectively with both individuals and teams to deliver business results.
This course provides practical tools and techniques to enable you to coach effectively as well as inspire, motivate and develop your people. You will have the opportunity to practice your coaching skills in a safe environment and you will leave equipped and ready to take on your new role of coach.
Organisations that have sent participants include: Accenture, Brighton & Hove City Council, BT, eBay, Shell, South West Water, Total Gas & Power Unilever.
- What is coaching?
- Benefits of coaching
- Qualities of a coach
- Raising awareness and generating responsibility
- The learning cycle and powers of recall
- When is coaching appropriate?
- Overcoming the barriers in coaching
- The manager as coach
- Learning and enjoyment
- Easy to use process for effective coaching
- Ways to identify coaching opportunities
- 10 tools for setting development goals
- Tips for ensuring follow-through